- Migrate a lower volume of high value files
- Remove surplus files pre SharePoint migration
- Locate and manage sensitive files
- Generate enhanced metadata to improve SharePoint search
- Implement retention policy
- Migrate directly into SharePoint or Office 365
Reduce Cost and Increase Value!
Are you planning on implementing SharePoint for collaboration or enterprise search, or do you already use its workflow or records management features? Successfully consolidating, migrating and managing files within SharePoint leads to more productive staff through efficient collaboration using automated process, version control and alerts.
REDUCE COST AND INCREASE VALUE
Without carefully considered planning, migrating files from an ageing disorganised repository into SharePoint (or other ECM) can merely result in the transfer of poorly governed content into a more expensive location. To best realise the benefits which ECM can deliver, you should only populate it with information which has value to the business, and ensure the migrated files are suitably tagged with useful metadata. Connexus IG provides a proven methodology to migrate a lower volume of high value files with consistent metadata.
- Migration Preparation Savings – fewer files for migration results in lower cost to prepare and migrate
- Storage Savings – clarity on what to remove and what this can save yo
- Increased User Productivity – find the right information, which was previously buried in a mountain of data
- Sensitive Data Secured – ensure suitable management of restricted file
- Data Loss Prevention – ensure at risk data has not leaked into areas where it is at increased risk of Cybersecurity breaches
- Unsuitable Files – many file types such as executables and databases are not ideally suited to storage in SharePoint
- Migration Readiness – remediation of unsuitable files such as excessive size or filepath length prior to successful migration
- Add Consistent Metadata – for enhanced management and usability
- Enhanced User Collaboration – easier access to shared documents
- Retention Policy Applied – remove files when they become obsolete
- Categorise To Business Taxonomies – tag with your custom record types
TAKE THE NEXT STEP…
Find out whether we can help you with some free advice, otherwise take a look at our guide to GDPR and Information Risk.